Tuesday 2 October 2012

HOW I DID IT




Just going to share quickly my painting of the Odd Galah



This a large canvas measuring 122 cm x 90cm.



I was in a hurry so just quickly drew in a very rough out line with a large marking pen






I then started to paint I was just trying to paint in the bird as quickly as possible






Just working on the darks







Here I have finished painting the bird. It is very rough but now I can start to stand back and fine tune it.
You'll notice that I have painted a dark grey where the shadow part of it's head is.







Here it is completed.
I had some trouble getting the birds position right so that it looks like he is perched on a branch and looking down. 
In the end I think it came off
The background colour is a very rich purpley pink blue. Took longer to settle on that colour than to do the rest of the painting.....but that's not unusual...for me


That's it for now



No comments:

Post a Comment