Thursday 24 May 2012


Just thought I would try and see if I can put up the paintings sold at Beef Week for general interest. Here GOES....I did it!!

This is an acrylic painting called 3 Kimberley Girls which was sold to my surprise as I only hung it for shock value and to try and stop people in their tracks! This was achieved especially when a long line of school kids WERE stopped in their tacks when one of the boys spotted the tits!!!

 A lot of people liked this painting and again I was surprised as I thought it was a little too out there for your average man or women on the land. I think a lot of the time people will admire your work but  actually handing it on their wall is very remote. But that's fine... I love the fact that the painting create's a conversation and at times a reaction and then when you lest expect it someone WILL fall in love with it and buy it. I must be getting better as Beef was this paintings first outing. Some hang round for a long long time before they find someone to love them.


This is another one.... now this is one is an example of how a painting will hang around and wait for that special person to love it. As it turned out a very good old friend of mine who lost her beloved recently saw some thing in this that reminded her of her of their love. To me this is one of the reasons why I paint to hopefully bring joy to the viewer, and when this happens I feel very blessed. Oh and it is callled
 " Love on a Wire"
It is an acrylic on canvas painting.



That will do for now as I have managed this far with out tooo much trouble and don't want to push my luck




No comments:

Post a Comment