Thursday 31 May 2012

Good News


Had good news last night when my sister rang to say that  a drawing of mine had won the drawing and pastel section at the Heartland Art Exhibition in Blackall. It was good that she was there to collect the prize on my behalf. The drawing is a large nib pen drawing of a horse bucking with a bare back rider on top. I have had quite a bit of success with the rodeo red Ink drawings. It would be a great if this could also find a home.



Just thought I'd add this picture for a little bit of something different. This was taken by me from inside the house, that's my husband Tony outside and there in the middle balancing very well indeed on the top of a glass louver is a very large brown snake. On the right hand side of the photo is the door into the house, I had been outside and had pushed open the door and put one foot inside and something caught my eye looking down there was the snake he was trying to get out as I was trying in get in. I don't know who got the biggest fright I do know that I didn't think I could move that fast any more. Anyway to make a short story out of a long one this is where it ended up. The problem we were having at the time this photo was taken was what to do with a very cranky snake who had no where to go and how to get him down without wrecking the glass louvers. We knew that if it launched it's self at me and got down on the floor we would never find it as snakes can live in a house with you and you wont know until it shows its self. We lived with a brown snake once for I don't know how long, it was living in the pot plants on the verander and when it did accidently show it's self it was a very strange colour as it had started to change as some times happens when they are adapting to a new enviroment. I used to wonder why the cat took wide booths round the pot plants!! So we eventually decided to open the door and watch it from a distance and see if it would leave with out being hassled. It did. The joys of living in the bush!!

No comments:

Post a Comment