Thursday 24 May 2012

Phew!!!

I am starting this blog to try and share my life as an Artist and to also show how I get through my days wearing all the hats that are ME. I am very new to this blogging thing but my friend and website guru Bronwyn (FM Studios) assures me that under her guidance I will become a social media wonder?!

I have just been to Beef Week as a site holder with my paintings where I had an amazing time talking to people and getting so much feed back on my work and selling quite a few paintings and drawings which is always a boost both to my bank balance and to my confidence.

Since Beef finished I have been flat out sending paintings here and there and getting my website overhauled, which turned out to be a bit of a shock when I realized I haven't many paintings left. Don't get me wrong I am not complaining, it is a great sign that I am doing OK.

So what now?  I have a commission to complete the commissioner has been waiting for a while so as of next week I will get stuck in and get it done. I don't do many commissions so when I do I worry a little because I think that people have an idea in their heads of what they want the painting will look like and then it turns out completely different. But that is our lot as Artist  to doubt and worry.  I just wonder if you ever reach a stage where you have complete confidence in yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment