Sunday 12 August 2012

I'M BACK

I have had a very hectic few weeks, running about like a chook with it's head cut off!!

So it has been a while since I late posted....but better late then never.

I went to Warwick's Jumpers and Jazz Festival at the end of July I think it was the 29th.

This was lots of fun and very interesting. It is a huge market with lots of unusual and interesting handmade things on sale.

 The park in the middle of Warwick where the market is held is a beautiful setting for this undertaking.
It was cold when we arrived but the sun was out and it turned out to be a wonderful day.

I did quite well selling my cards.

 I have put together some news cards which I call my PINK CARDS.

That is because they are Pink !?

They are my attempt to raise some money for Breast Cancer. I did these featuring pink galah's. They were well received.

I really enjoy going to these markets because I get to talk to all sorts of people and it is always interesting to find some common ground with a complete stranger.

I also had my new Pink paintings on display.

When ever I have paintings up for people to look at the lookers will always tell you what they think of them and it also brings out the artists that are floating about, they spot the paintings and come over and start up a conversation usually about their own artistic experiences.

I love these talks as I don't get to speak to other artist very often.

I was lucky to have the company of my good old friend who is a wonderful cook and had spent the night before as I packed cards fussing around in her kitchen. I kept asking what she was up to..... just making us some lunch she'd say......

Well all day long she would produce another wonderful tasty treat from her rather large esky!!

I think my favourite was the chocolate coated strawberrys!!!

We also had another friend with us so we had a very enjoyable day.

If you have a chance to go to these markets next year it is well worth it.

I stayed with another friend in Toowoomba that night.

The next morning I took off for home (sounds like I'm flying?!)

I stopped in Dalby to have a quick coffee with my cousin and good friend, yes they can be both.

Then I drove to Chinchilla and stopped to fill the car and off again and then stopped in Taroom to grab some lunch and quess what......... no wallet.....left it in Chinchilla!!!!

There was only one thing to do and that was to turn around and go back!!

That only put another 3 and a half hours on the  already 7 hour trip!!

No comments from the peanut gallery Please!!

Thats all for now




No comments:

Post a Comment