Tuesday 11 September 2012

Galah Talk

I have been a little slack with my blogging of late.
But I have an excuse
as my blog is about painting then it is hard to blog when I haven't really been painting much
But I have managed to finish a couple in the past week

2 Galahs
91 cm x 122 cm
Acrylic on Canvas
$1000.00





I enjoyed doing this painting as I did  it quickly with a large brush and tryed not to think too much...just went for it.

But of course before hand I had to do the drawing this I did with a small brush.

 I think some times you are better off drawing in with a brush rather than a pencil as the result is usually less fussy and uncomplicated.

I then mixed up the galah pink and slapped it on with gusto. 

MUCH FUN!

The galah's were finished in no time but then I had awful trouble with the background colour. Probably serves me right for achieving such a fast result with birds.

But I think this is OK

I have promised this painting to be auctioned at the Gaia Women's Festivel Gala Black Tie Event to be held on  the night of the 27th October at the Girls Grammer School Rockhampton

more information contact Jessica Ph 4926 3633

But if anyone falls in love with it before hand... so be it.....let me know


ALSO

Annie
81 cm x 81 cm Square
Acrylic on Canvas
Framed
$500.00
Once again I have painted Annie my dog she is very paintable as you can see and very obliging and that is her exact look

 Kind and Tolerant.

That's it for now

To view more of my paintings and drawings click here





No comments:

Post a Comment