Sunday 24 June 2012

Some Things Never Change




Some things never change.....like the weather in Toowoomba. It excelled it's self last weekend when I visited. I decided to go down and take my cards to the Queens Park markets, and also it was a good opportunity to catch up with some good old friends. We hit the Park at 6 a.m. on Sunday morning and it was bleak and cold with a wind chill factor of some thing very low. Anyway by about 10 a.m. it was beautiful and what a great part of the world to sit and watch the Sunday morning traffic through the Park, lots of people taking there dogs for a walk in the crisp morning air. It was great to see all the different dog breeds and to compare the breeds with their owners...very interesting. But that's wasn't why I was there. I have done a series of blank cards which I have mentioned before. I did them for Beef Week and they were well received so I have put them on my website. I have managed to get them into a few different shops, but I can sell them cheaper at Markets as there is no middle man, so to speak.
Willy series Card 3






Sweetie series Card 3



My friend and I just set up a table with my cards and the gift boxed cards and we did very well. It is very interesting to watch people when they spot my cards ...they start to smile...which is very nice to be able to make people smile.






Cocky series Card 1


The other interesting thing happening at the same time was a cycling comp which I didn't really find out what it was but there were lots and lots of people of all ages peddling flat out round the Park. One amazing woman pulled up on her bike to buy some cards having just finished a ride of 80 klms !!! I asked her if see was going home to drink a BOTTLE of wine she said ABSOLUTELY!! (she was probably well into her fifties, what a woman.!)



Annie series Card 2





We pulled out of there at about 3 pm and met another friend then went to a lovely little coffee shop called The Angle Coffee Shop. We had a couple of glasses of wine then a great meal as we hadn't eaten since 5 am and were a little tucked up!! We then went inside and had a coffee before departing company. We had lots of laughs as old friend do.

There is nothing so nurturing for the soul as good meaningful and inspiring conversation.


Add caption






To order my Australian Rural Cards visit www.theoutbackartist.com.au

























No comments:

Post a Comment