Monday 24 September 2012

I WORK WELL UNDER PRESSURE

All guns are firing at the moment

I had booked up an exhibition for October 2012

And then all sorts of things happened

Mainly my youngest daughter decided to get married in October 2012

Somehow the exhibition was almost forgotten

I was sort of thinking pretty seriously about calling it off as life was starting to get a little crazy

But the gallery rang and were all set for my work to hang through October

and as sometimes happens it all seemed to come together

My daughter in law had booked me up to baby sit my beloved and hardly every seen grandson
while she and my son organized and competed in the Roma Campdraft

which just happened to be on the some weekend as the opening of my exhibition.

So that sort of worked

BUT the million dollar question

Have I done enough work

the Gallery isn't that big so that in it's self is good as I don't need a lot of work to fill it
And sometimes well most of the time

 LESS IS MORE

I decided to call it   PINK

because most of my knew stuff is PINK

 I can thank  an old friend who told me quite bluntly that I needed to use more colour

and I think this lot of work is all about colour....and I'm enjoying it

anyway yesterday I got STUCK IN and painted like a women possessed

I finished a painting that had been sitting looking at me for about 2 weeks

I painted another one which just happened and worked of a magpie with attitude

I finished another one which I call Loopy Cow it is a bit of fun

I then did another one of a white/pink Cockatoo flying

I was a little worried about this one but I think I got it in the end

Like I said ...nothing like pressure...

I have another big one planned for to day ......lets hope it comes off

I have my eldest daughter home and she has been a great help

yesterday I shoved a paint brush at her and she took on the job of varnishing all the new paintings

It's all the little things that take the time

Also to day we have to wrap all the paintings and pack the car

just had a phone call from my son wondering if I can bring my saddle!!!

Here is the invite to the exhibition




Love to see all and sundry at the opening on Thursday night

......OMG ..... thats tomorrow night!!!




2 comments:

  1. Just love all the pink Sandy. All the best with the exhibition. I'm blown away by your talent. The invitation looks amazing ... very inviting in fact!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks very much Fiona I'm all packed and ready to go

    ReplyDelete