Monday 24 September 2012

THOUGHTS ON FRAMING



Just received some small paintings back from the framer
This is one of the highlights of the trade
Sometimes when you have completed a work and it's...so...so
You think well..it's ok
You take it to the framer and if you have a good one, or even one that you can throw ideas about with then that is a great thing
because a good framer can make an average work into some thing special

That;s what I think anyway






I'm not saying that the frame makes the work all the time and probably not even some of the time ...but every now and again it works just like

 MAGIC

Mostly this happens only when framing behind glass
Framing a canvas is a little less exciting because you can't PLAY as much but it is still fun to come up with different ways of making the most of your work.

I am lucky as I have a great framer and we seem to see things in the same way most of the time

As a struggling artist I don't sell enough to be able to let myself go with framing I always have to keep one good eye on the cost......I do dream of the day I can afford NOT to do that.

To Frame or not to Frame

This is a hard one. As an Artist I think some works can stand up on their own with out a frame and others can't
That's what I think as a struggling Artist.....but really to be perfectly honest if I could afford to frame every thing I would

What do you think?

I would love to hear what non artist think about the framing question

Anyway I have praddled on enough
Here are my latest framed small paintings
A good example of the frame making the work....I think anyway


This is

Lady # 1
Acrylic on Canvas board

 And this

Lady # 2
Acrylic on Canvas Board
$200.00
And these



3 Horseman
Acrylic on Canvas Board


And last but not least
Ringer from the Top End
Arcylic on Canvas Board

Red Ringer
Arcylic on Canvas
$200.00

That's all for now



No comments:

Post a Comment