Thursday 7 June 2012

Trip to Longreach & "Stratton"

Just returned from a trip to Longreach. I drove out on Monday a trip of about 700 klms . Usually I leave early and get there well before the sun goes down in the west an advisable thing to do when heading west, driving into the sun at the end of a long trip is not much fun especially when kangaroo's are starting to get out and about. I took my daughter Lucy's car as I am taking care ? of it while she is in Canada . I did manage to get there with out mishap. I stayed at a very good old friend's place and as things tend to happen when friends get together we had a lovely dinner and drank a little too much and had a very happy time. The reason for the trip was to visit my father who is now in the old people's home in Longreach. It was his 81st birthday on the 29 th May which is also Tony and my 32 rd wedding annisversary . My  sister's Wendy and Grace were also there for his birthday. Wendy travelled from her property outside Blackall and Grace from her property outside Wallumbilla which is just south of Roma.  We took him out for lunch at the Qantas Hanger where he loves to go as he is an aircraft lover and enjoys looking at all the planes on display. He is very frail and getting a little slow but really brightened up to see his 3 girls. I left the following day and drove home didn't get away very early so didn't arrive home to St Clair until quite late on Wednesday. I was pleased we all made the effort for Dad and it was nice to catch up with my sister's as we don't get to see each other enough.


CHARLIE LAWSON MCLEAN


BILL CHARLIE & KELLIE

Earlier this week I drove to the cattle property "Stratton" which is where my son Bill and his wife Kellie live. They had a son ( my grandson ) Charlie Lawson on the 2nd of May in Toowoomba he is our 1st grandchild and I think I fell in love the moment I saw him,  he was born on my birthday made it extra special. I hadn't seen him since he was born so when Bill asked if we could come and help them wean ( take the calves off their mothers) I was a goer but then rain intervened and Tony couldn't go as he had to go to work, he works 7 on 7 off ( days ) at Rolleston Mine, and as it worked out I went on my own and we didn't end up weaning as it was too wet but we did have a day in the saddle shifting cattle round so they didn't eat out their holding paddocks where Bill had them waiting to put them in the yards to wean. I had lots of cuddles with little Charlie and I bathed him the 3 nights I was there a little scary at first as I hadn't done that for some time!! Kellie is a great new Mum and seems to be taking it all in her stride.

No comments:

Post a Comment