Monday 2 July 2012

Beautiful Winters Day

Oh Thank god I have one follower that is wonderful news, I hope I can keep you entertained!!
Yesterday was spent out of the art room and in the garden.

 After that lovely drop of rain which we all complained about as it was cold and wet and the rain fell like light snow hardly enough to wet you but enough to make you very damp and pissed off. Now the grass is lovely and green and every thing has sprung into life.


So I decided to mow as Tony will be home tomorrow and we have Clint coming to wean his calves and we will be busy all week. Well the mower had 2 flat tyers and was out of fuel!! So as we don't have petrol here only diesel. I went down to the local service station which is about 20k's away and got a jerrycan full and then pumped up the tyres and we were away. It takes awhile as we mow right round the compound as well as round the house and sheds. But the mower was going well has Tony had interviewed it prior to putting it away for the winter, so it only took 2 and a half hours. I wonder how far you travel in that time.



 St Clair garden x 3



This morning when I went out it looked so nice. Now I have to do some cooking for the week as I will be busy mustering and there is nothing worse than working hard all day and getting home on dark with a sore bum from sitting in the saddle and then having to cook dinner while the men kick back sucking on stubbies....so I try to have a stew or something cooked that just needs heating so I too can sit back and relax. It's a man's world in the bush at least for my generation, it is good to see that the younger ones, wives that is don't abide by this tradition!

This blogging is a little bit addictive

That's it for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment